Custom Post Types
The Limelight-Storefront plugin imports products as a custom post type of “product” ( https://wordpress.org/support/article/post-types/ ). This is very similar to how WooCommerce’s utilization of “products”. This is why Limelight-Storefront will not work with WooCommerce.
Products > Categories > Click on the Shop link
WordPress Categories and Tags are different than LimeLight Categories and tags, for more information on WordPress Categories and Tags check out this article.
Your imported products will use WordPress’ `taxonomy` and `categorization` features. The products are automatically put into the primary top-level “Shop” category. The child category is then pulled from the CRM for each product and secondarily categorized.
In your “Shop” category, you can edit the title and description like any other WordPress category. When a customer visits the “Shop” or a child category in your storefront, the related products will show using the WordPress archiving and listing functionality.
All of the Categories associated to your imported products will also be automatically created. You can click on the Count link to see the list of your products with that category.
Other categories and tags can be created within the plugin; however they will not be synced to your LimeLight platform.
Upsells > All Upsells is where you add the upsells to be automatically included in your checkout flow. You can add any product from your LimeLight platform that is active, the upsell does not need to be assigned to the campaign imported to your Storefront.
To configure Upsells, go to Upsells > Add New > (In the right hand ‘LimeLight Configuration’ section) Check the Active box > Select the Campaign > Select the Product > Select the Shipping Method > Set the order that you want this upsell to be presented to your customer during the checkout flow if you have more than one upsell > Set featured image > Upload Files > Select Files > Choose your files > Open > select the image for the upsell > Set Featured Image > Publish.
Media shows you all your uploaded images, audio, and video files all in one place. You are able to upload media files here to be used throughout your site including product & upsell images.
The LimeLight Storefront auto-generated pages can be found by clicking Pages on the left panel, you can view, edit and delete these pages. In WordPress, pages are highly customizable, you can add content such as text, images and videos; for more information on pages, please visit this article
You can customize the generated pages to create a perfect store look and feel.
- Prospect – The Prospect workflow first collects the contact information and product interests. Followed by a checkout page, then to upsell page(s), and ends with the thank you page.
- One Page Checkout – The One Page Checkout workflow has everything you need all in one page. Product pre-selection (configured in Advanced Settings), contact information, and billing information collection. At the completion of this page, you are directed to the upsell page(s), if configured, or the thank you page.
- Login, My Account, Order History, and Subscriptions –
These three pages are for customers who have signed up for a Member
- Login will allow the member to login to their account view and update their information
- My Account is where they view and update their general, payment, billing, and shipping information
- Order History will allow the member to view all of their past orders
- Subscriptions will allow the member to view and modify their active subscriptions